Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Pinawa Dam

This is the final painting. The dam is really behind me. This is the water that is flowing from it into the Winnipeg River. I found that after I signed it and photographed it, I saw some compositional problems. The camera has come in very handy once again. I feel that I have captured the essence of the place. The rushing water against the coolness and calmness in the bay. The rough rock against the smoothness of the rocks that have been pounded by the relentless flow. The light hitting the rocks casting shadows. A painting of contrasts.

1 comment:

  1. Gary and I really like your painting of this spot because this summer we also visited the very same spot. We were however, on a pontoon boat and were able to enjoy the beauty and sounds while we had lunch with friends.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete